The Mathematics Department aims to promote the joy of learning Mathematics and to nurture the entrepreneurial spirit in students. Teachers incorporate various pedagogical strategies to enable students to explore, demonstrate and reflect on their learning. Mathematics teachers continue to strive for innovative ways to inculcate confidence in JYians to be able to think critically and apply mathematics to real world problems. The PLDP provides greater opportunities for exploration and for students to work collaboratively to deepen their learning.
1. Providing Learning Experiences to engage and motivate learners.
2. Bridging sessions to boost confidence and skills in numeracy and mathematical thinking.
3. PDLP to promote self-directed learners with intrinsic motivation.
4. Incorporating STEM education to promote students who are curious, creative and who aspires to be the change.
5. Incorporating computational thinking to develop problem thinking skills.
2019 International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS)